Protect Your Freedom With A Strong Felony Defense
If you have been charged with a felony, your rights and freedom are at stake. When facing the most severe penalties, you need the strongest criminal defense possible.
As a former prosecutor, attorney John R. Kopp knows how to mount a strong defense against felony charges. Many types of crimes can be classified as felonies, from drug crimes to aggravated DUI to felony retail theft.
In Illinois, felonies are designated by class, which determines the maximum jail time you can receive. Felony convictions can also lead to fines of up to $25,000 or more, depending on your case.
- Class X felonies are the most severe, carrying a prison sentence of six to 30 years, with some Class X felonies leading to prison sentences of 30 to 60 years.
- Class I felonies typically carry a punishment of four to 15 years, with certain Class I felonies punishable by 15-30 years in jail. (For example, second-degree murder is punishable by up to 20 years in jail.)
- Class II felonies carry a punishment of three to seven years in jail.
- Class III felonies carry a punishment of two to five years in jail.
- Class IV felonies carry a punishment of one to three years in jail.
You Have Options. We Will Find Them.
We will make all legal challenges to your charges we can to keep you out of jail. John R. Kopp will advocate for you in every way possible, from filing motions to exploring the possibility of deferred prosecution or participating in a drug court program.
As a former prosecutor for the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office, Mr. Kopp understands how the prosecution prepares a case. He uses this knowledge to prepare a strong defense. Our priority is protecting your rights and your freedoms.
Discuss Your Options With Our Lawyer
Call us at 630-448-2777 or use our online form to schedule an appointment with Kopp Law. Based in Geneva, we represent people throughout Kane County and the surrounding areas. We can meet with clients in Chicago and the northern, southern and western suburbs.