Our Criminal Defense Practice
Whether you have received a traffic citation or are facing charges that carry penalties of incarceration and fines, Kopp Law is prepared to defend your rights and your freedom. We know that good people find themselves in tough situations. We want to help.
- Driving under the influence (DUI) of alcohol or drugs
- Traffic violations, including aggravated speeding, reckless driving, driving with a suspended or revoked license, and leaving the scene of an accident
- Drug possession, including possession of marijuana, possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to deliver and possession of drug paraphernalia
- Assault and aggravated assault
- Domestic violence/domestic battery
- Theft, including retail theft
- Robbery, burglary, criminal trespass to property and criminal damage to property
- Identity theft and forgery
- Possession of liquor by a minor
- Disorderly conduct and reckless conduct
- Unlawful possession of a firearm and unlawful use of a weapon
- Resisting or obstructing a police officer
- Fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer
- Sexual assault, rape and other serious sex crimes
There are many reasons why you might need assistance to reinstate your license, including past DUI offenses, committing multiple traffic violations or failing to carry a valid auto insurance policy. If you need help obtaining your license after it has been suspended or revoked by the state of Illinois, attorney John R. Kopp can help get your driving privileges back.
Criminal Record Expungement
By filing certain petitions with the court, you can seek to have qualifying offenses expunged, or cleared, from your record. Mr. Kopp can consult with you to determine if your record is eligible for expungement or sealing and file petitions with the court so you can clear your criminal history.
Court Supervision, Conditional Discharge And Probation Violations
If you have pled guilty or have been found guilty of a crime, you may have been sentenced to a period of court supervision, conditional discharge or probation. Typically, those sentences include conditions such as alcohol or drug treatment, community service, restitution or fines. Failure to comply with these conditions or being arrested on a new charge may result in a violation of your sentence. You are subject to additional punishment if the court finds you violated your original sentence. Mr. Kopp can defend you against these violations so that you may keep the terms of your original sentence.
Learn More About How We Can Help
Attorney John R. Kopp will use his experience as a prosecutor to prepare a strong defense and seek a just outcome on your behalf. Call 630-749-2919 or send us a message online to arrange your consultation. We offer flexible appointments and can meet you in Geneva, Chicago or the northern, western or southern suburbs.