John Randal Kopp
- Criminal Defense
John R. Kopp is a 2008 graduate of the John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois. He attended Marquette University in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, where he earned a degree in communications. He grew up in Aurora, Illinois, and attended Marmion Academy.
Mr. Kopp evaluated the strengths and weaknesses of each case he prosecuted for the Cook County State's Attorney Office. When he encountered a weakness, he placed himself in the position of the defense lawyer so that he could best prepare himself for arguing the prosecution's case.
Many of his cases involved preparing police officers for their testimony at trial. Through that process in hundreds of trials, Mr. Kopp gained a thorough grasp of police investigations, warrant executions and arrest procedures. With that knowledge, he can attack the shortfalls and errors the police made in their case against you.
Mr. Kopp is an experienced litigator who is ready to defend your rights.
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois
- Marquette University, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Major: Communications
- Marmion Academy
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 40 under 40 for Criminal Defense Law
- The American Society of Legal Advocates – Top 40 under 40 for Criminal Defense Law (less than 1.5% of lawyers nationally)
- American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys – 10 Best Attorneys Selection for Illinois
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys – 10 Best Attorneys Selection for Illinois
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys – Top 10 under 40
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Kane County Bar Association
- Southwest Bar Association
- American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys