Get A Former Prosecutor On Your Side
Whether you face a traffic ticket or have been charged with DUI, theft or another crime, Kopp Law will defend your freedom and protect your future. John R. Kopp‘s experience as a prosecutor enables him to understand police investigations and arrest procedures, and quickly act to protect his clients from damaging charges.
A Local Defense Attorney, Passionate About Protecting You
Mr. Kopp is passionate about defending the rights of people facing criminal charges. Unlike many attorneys who quickly agree to plea deals to avoid court, John R. Kopp is a trial attorney at heart. He is ready to defend you vigorously. If the prosecutors fail to offer a plea deal that protects your future, he will bring your case to court.
Mr. Kopp grew up in Aurora, Illinois, where he attended Marmion Academy before going on to Marquette University to earn a degree in communications. In 2008, he earned a law degree at The John Marshall Law School in Chicago and became a member of the Illinois State Bar.
Mr. Kopp was selected for inclusion in the Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star list from 2016 through 2019. Less than 2.5 percent of lawyers in Illinois are named to this list each year. He has also been nominated for the following honors:
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 under 40 for criminal defense law
- The American Society of Legal Advocates: Top 40 under 40 for criminal defense law (less than 1.5 percent of lawyers nationally are selected)
- American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys: 10 Best Attorneys Selection for Illinois
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys: 10 Best Attorneys Selection for Illinois
- American Association of Premier DUI Attorneys: Executive Member
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys: Top 10 under 40
Learn more about Mr. Kopp by following the link below.
Learn More About Working With Us At A Free Consultation
Our office is located in Geneva, and we also have meeting spaces available in the city of Chicago and its northern, western and southern suburbs. We can work around your busy schedule, with appointments available before and after regular business hours.
If you wish to set up a free consultation, please call us at 630-448-2777, or send us an email. When you call, please include your name and the number where you may be reached. Because of privacy concerns, we recommend against providing a work phone number. Mr. Kopp will return your call as soon as possible.